Thursday, April 10, 2014

Evolving to be more productive

I constantly find myself being challenged to get more done in a day. It often seems like the more I do to work more efficiently, the further I get from feeling like I'm more productive. I came across this post from Scott Hanselman that I found to be interesting.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ScottHanselmansCompleteListOfProductivityTips.aspx

I plan on trying to evolve towards this. The willingness to drop the ball is a hard thing though. I feel strongly compelled to do more with what I have. Perhaps by being willing to let go of the things that aren't that important that it will leave me with a higher value day in and day out.

This blog is a great example. It's not that I don't find it important to blog - I do. But I've constantly found myself deprioritizing it to the point that it never happens.

I think this blog can be a tool to help me to gather my thoughts and focus my attentions on the technologies, designs, and general learning that I need to focus on in order to continue to improve and to evolve. Hopefully in the process of doing that, others may find some nugget of usefulness there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment